<$BlogRSDUrl$>

like an angry old man, shaking a fist at the sky...

Monday, August 23, 2004

princess leah

for a long time, i thought that carrie fisher's name in the movie was leah, because when i was a young'un, people kept calling her princess leah, thinking somehow that my mom named my sister after her. it wasn't until 7th grade, when i first saw star wars, that i got that it was leia (lay-uh) not leah (lee-uh). if you ask me, leah is the cooler version.

anywho, today's leah's birthday. i didn't get her anything yet cause my last few gifts (explosions in the sky cd, iron and wine cd, cool kitschy sweater (or so i thought)) have bombed. its a tough proposition, getting a gift for leah. it a running joke between certain family members to say around christmas time "did you find something for leah yet?". mostly, you just roll the dice and hope for the best. but, i digress.

so she's 27, 3 years and 3 months older than me. i've said it before, that she's the kind of person i aspire to me - extremely self assured, driven, yet totally chill and fun to hang around. she's the person from whom i generally get the best in new music (think interpol, modest mouse, dcfc, postal service, and that's just this past year), and whom i can trust for sound advice in dealing with my ladies.

here are some facts and mini-stories about leah, you know, to commemorate the occasion:

her lung collapsed when i was too young to take it seriously. i got to play with her sympathy toys.

graduated from high school with the geometry award.

makes badass silk screen art.

played with blanka in our rare street fighter tournaments.

has a small scar on her cheek which she used to blame me for, until i asked my mom where she got it - turns out, she got it soon after birth, scraping her face with her little wrist band thingie.

used to tell me i was adopted.

formerly planned to deck out her old room in pink neon and black and white tile floors.

used to work in a star magic, from which she stole many a birthday/xmas present for me.

used to wishbone my legs and kick me in the sack. she's not a saint, people.

helped me build a small fortress in my bunk bed to secure my sleep from the attack of the giant roaches.

owns two new kids on the block videos: hangin' tough, and step by step

used to have a twin sized waterbed. not even big enough for real waterbed fun.

recently advised me to pursue phone sex.

used to deal in "favor" currency. for instance, if i wanted something, it would cost me so many favors. for instance, a sandwich would be one favor. fetching her a pepsi would be a half a favor. preparing a batch of macaroni and cheese - three favors. i incurred alot of favor debt.

has once poured herself a glass of pepsi using only her feet, which are quite dextrous, considering how tiny her toes are.

rocks harder than anyone else i know. except maybe me.

happy birthday leah!



feeling: happy
thinking of: green
song of the day: "the young and the restless" theme song
Comments: Post a Comment

free hit counter

free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?