<$BlogRSDUrl$>

like an angry old man, shaking a fist at the sky...

Friday, July 09, 2004

karma

a friend has recently told me that no one deserves anything they get, whether it be good or bad. it all happens, and it is not "deserved" or "owed".

i begged to differ, stating that if there's one thing i've learned at my job, which i maintain is the most soul crushing of jobs that fall outside of the parameters of indentured servitude, its that all of us do, indeed, deserve a modicum of common courtesy from out fellow man. however, the problem arises that the ilk that frequents the mall on saturdays barely qualifies as man. it's more like a communal mind, all bent on being messy and demanding something for nothing.

this is all beside the point. my friend also said that i was too good to her. too nice. i speculated that perhaps it was my sense of fairness and justice driving my actions. that i was trying to load my karma for the good. like, if i do enough good things, then good things will be done upon me. dunno if i believe in that. in karma.

it's a very nice notion to believe in. if you do good, you get good. and if you think bad, well, bad's what you get. but that is clearly not the case. if it were, i'm guessing several grand pianos would have fallen from such great heights on dick cheney's face by now. but, such is life.

so do you have to believe in good for goodness' sake before the karmic wheel spins back your way? i mean, can you do good for the sake of hoping that you'll get something in return, like me, or do you have to be all altruistic and shit?

damn hindus always have a loophole to screw me out of a good time.



feeling: utterly confused and,to be honest, a tad pissed
thinking of: cats
song of the day: here comes my baby - cat stevens
here comes my baby, here she comes now, and it comes as no surprise to me, with another guy...
Comments: Post a Comment

free hit counter

free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?