<$BlogRSDUrl$>

like an angry old man, shaking a fist at the sky...

Friday, July 30, 2004

a brief note before i get into it

you know that old saying -- something like, you can't go back to the farm once you've seen paris? yeah, well try going back to dallas after ten days in new york. i've been sick to my stomach ever since i got off the plane, and this morning i found myself standing in the middle of my room screaming silently to myself "whyythefuckamievenhereihatethisgoddamnmotherfuckincity! idon'tevenwannnabehereanymore!! ijustwannabebackinnewyorkgoddammit!!"

i had this dream while i was in new york, wherein i had flown early back to dallas and was suddenly overcome with remorse, and i just prayed that i could be back. then i woke up, and i was in my sister's apartment. it was a feeling of relief that can only be compared to someone who suddenly and unequivocally knows that they are the recipient of a miracle.

but i won't wake up from this. and the only way this ends up being a miracle is if i take myself back there. but it's gonna be a long time sleeping before that happens...


July19 - takeoff

so its late monday, the first night i've spent in NY. the entire day has gone by very quickly, which would seem to indicate that, if my understanding of the laws governing relativity and all theories thereof are accurate, i must be having a good time.

i mean, when the flight gods are kind enough to put you on an airplane next to a blonde with freckles and blue eyes, you should at least get the inkling that something is up with your fortunes and perhaps the worm has does his turning in your favor.

already, i've reunited with jill and travis, two cats i had a good time with back in may, had a deep and desperately needed catharsis via conversation with my sister, drank a healthy amount, eaten great italian, cried, laughed, imbibed, partook, and played chess with the grace and forthought of an inebriate-savant prodigy, therein smiting the mighty champion of W family chess (i even took a picture of the plain of victory).

at this point, i'm writing the blog entry (editor's note - this will be one of only four long hand written blogs) in my notebook to avoid the catastrophic loss of information that resulted from my procrastination and failures of memory after my austin trip and vince's wedding. already the distance i've put between my person and my home has reaped some lovely benefits.

i am writing this completely at ease which is quite uncommon for a brotha such as myself. this laid back posture has already loosened up my mind a bit, allowing this entry to flow with the aforementioned ease and minimal effort. so much conquered in one day, all leading up to me smacking leah around the chess board like the boogeyman.

today i'm high on life. so i say. the irish don't stand a chance.



feeling: sex and the city type fabulous
thinking of: the stories that were told, of kings in days of old
song of the day: one - U2
Comments: Post a Comment

free hit counter

free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?