<$BlogRSDUrl$>

like an angry old man, shaking a fist at the sky...

Saturday, April 24, 2004

a letter

dear my hair,

first let me start out by saying that i love you. your rich color and luxurient thickness astound me, and despite my constant nitpicking about other things i dislike about me, you remain my achilles heel. my sole vanity. my pride and joy.

now, my hair, in the past i've gone long periods without cutting you, mainly because i loved to gaze at you so, and no matter how much nagging the old matriarch did, i wouldn't part with any of you! finally, when the heat of the texas summer cause me to sweat and you to suffer, i did us both a favor, cutting you short -- letting us both breathe.

but even then, i kept our relationship within the family. i cut you myself, my hair, and we saved money and dignity. you stood by me when stress gave me early grays a few years ago, and i stood by you when you wanted to branch out freshman year and abandon our normal brown for blonde and blue. we rocked that look hard, my hair, and the ladies loved us so.

i wash you, rinse you, repeat it all, and style you with care and precision. i love you, my hair. and it pains me to see the way you've betrayed me! my judas hair!

after all the love, why? why must you abandon me? i see you trying it subtly enough, making my widow's peak peakier at first....but then, when i used a mirror to see behind myself, i saw you sneaking out the back door! why such treachery, my hair? sure, no one knows it yet, and alot of people are too short to notice the top of my head, but i know! i know you're stepping out on me, and despite my love and attention, you're seeking greener pastures. and it hurts me.

genetics, you say? blame my mom, maybe? my stupid bald dad? blame them? easy red herrings, my hair, but i cannot! i blame you! your lack of loyalty pains me to no end, and i will not give you up without a fight!

we've been together for 23 and a half years...our relationship is still in its youth. i'm not letting you throw it away, my hair. this is only the beginning.



feeling: woe is me!
thinking of: aidan, the crazy bag man
song of the day: laid - james
you're driving me crazy, when are you coming home?
Comments: Post a Comment

free hit counter

free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?