<$BlogRSDUrl$>

like an angry old man, shaking a fist at the sky...

Monday, April 05, 2004

the cure

seeing as how i'm an incredible ass-kisser, and i don't want to appear uncool in the salad days of friendship with a stranger who i think is either a stalker or figment of my imagination meant to taunt me to the very edge of reason and sanity, i'm going to write a little blogette about the cure.

i've mentioned it before, that i was exposed to them via their live album "show" by my sister leah, in the waning days of my middle school career -- 14-15. now looking back on it, being 14-15 knowing alot of cure songs probably made me pretty cool, but for the first few months, i hated them. but what did i know? i liked abba.

it started the same way it always starts - one song on the album that i like. on "show" it was trust, which is still well-liked, but far from my fav on that cd. so i'd put up with pictures of you, doing the unstuck, lullaby, then get to trust, and be alright the rest of the way to school. then i got to like friday i'm in love. then lullaby.

this one time we gave this dude from my school a ride from the nearby mcdonald's back to el escuelo, and he was asking what it was that we were listening to, and i said, the cure. he didn't like it, but i said, it grows on you.

then sophomore year, this cool guy i knew, andrew jennings was singing in the hallway...."its the perfect day to throw back your head..." and i finished "and kiss it all goodbye". and he looked at me funny. "you know the cure?" and i was like, "yeah." i was cool from then on.

then in college, folks wanted to listen to counting crows for some depressing music. i was like, counting crows? fuck that. the cure, baby! robert smith would destroy adam duritz with his stupid "i wanna be bob dylan". go away from me, adam duritz....go away from me.

i'm taking too many antihistimines.
Comments: Post a Comment

free hit counter

free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?