<$BlogRSDUrl$>

like an angry old man, shaking a fist at the sky...

Saturday, February 21, 2004

prime nombres

that story i wrote a couple of years ago, about that girl? she didn't have a name. people pointed out that in the conversation pieces of the story, no one ever said her name. well, think about it? how many times do people address you by your name in person? are people like "hey, josh!" or are they more like "hey!"?

i IM alot, as you may have guessed. people don't usually start it out with "hey josh!" mainly because they know and i know who's doing the talking and who's being talked at. we don't need to use my first name all that much, if at all. so when someone used it the other day, it kinda weirded me out.

it's not like i don't like my name. it's a cool name. kinda distinctive, boyish, which suits me to a T. not just a whole lot of joshes out there, which is not to say its an uncommon name, just not something like, john, or robert, or something like that. but i never got too attached to it. i mean, my folks call me by annoying nicknames half the time, and my sister usually calls me some hip abbreviation of an actual address. i don't really like introducing myself. sometimes i lie at parties, just so i can avoid people actually knowing what my identity is. i'm kinda like bond.

anywho, when i was in school, half the time i didn't correct my professors when the called role and called me out by my true first name. i just didn't care. usually when i think about myself -- you know, those narcissistic sessions where i think about myself, i don't think about myself as a josh. just as a me. and if i try to imagine myself in the third person, still not a josh -- a he.

*sigh* i guess it's kinda odd.

i'm thinking a blog is in the works chronicling fun times with pot.




feeling: agony in my legs
thinking of: what i'd do with 230 million bones
song of the day: look on down from the bridge - mazzy star
Everybody seems so far away from me...Everybody just wants to be free
Comments: Post a Comment

free hit counter

free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?