<$BlogRSDUrl$>

like an angry old man, shaking a fist at the sky...

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

foley's place

i'm hoping you guys realize that i'm making an effort to update the blog on a regular basis once again. just to recap, the decline began when i started working at foley's, because it took alot of my energy to stand for 9 or 10 hours a day, so much so that writing seemed to fall by the wayside. it was kinda sad. not that that was the only reason, but a major factor - that's for sure.

now, those of you who read me regularly, know that i'm usually one to preserve anonymity. that's generally because most of the people i talk about have a link or two to everyone else. so i've got to make sure i don't step on anyone's toes.

that being said, i feel no need to preserve anonymity tonight, because the people i'm going to talk about don't know me outside of work, they don't know any of my friends, they don't know i write, and they certainly don't know i blog....about them.

they are: amanda and angela. and they work at foley's, which i'm hoping will turn into a little melrose place (hence the title of today's blog).

so last friday, i went up to foley's to pick up my paycheck. but it wasn't ready, so i decided to do a little shoppity shopping of my own. i needed pants, so i picked up a pair. i went to amanda, a very nice older black lady who works there. i say older like she's in her 60's. she's probably in her late 30's or early 40's, but that's beside the point. anywho, she rings me up, and i ask "hey, is angela here?"

now this opened the proverbial floodgate, and amanda immediately launches into this would-be matchmaking question and answer session. me, being the shy and generally socially awkward idiot that i am, flustered and stuttered like a buffoon, leaving the situation in a state that almost resulted in disaster. amanda almost asked angela out for me.

just so there is no equivocation about it, i AM interested in angela. personally, i feel like she may be a female version of me. but we'll see.

so today, i show up, deathly afraid that amanda's set things in motion with angela that cannot be stopped. but, to my relief, she's not. but we'll see what tomorrow brings....oh yes, we'll see.

there's more to the story, and i might come back and flesh it all out a bit, but my legs hurt. so there.



feeling: strangely calm
thinking of: melrose place 2
song of the day: soul to squeeze
today love smiled on me, and took away my pain simply
Comments: Post a Comment

free hit counter

free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?