<$BlogRSDUrl$>

like an angry old man, shaking a fist at the sky...

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

less than 48 hours away now

the packing has begun in earnest, all my cd's and dvd's are packed up, and if you know me at all, you know that in itself is an achievment. i guess finishing the living room and getting my trunk out are next. again, if you know me, you know that it's no easy task that lies ahead of me.

ok, it is easy, it's just a pain in the ass.

had dinner with dana last night. i'll see her again tonight, cause she's coming to pick up my coffee table, and say goodbye.

hopefully, i'll be able to see casey before i go. jess, too, and all the other ones that got away. they didn't really get away so much as i never even tried to catch them, or they were already caught. you know, that old song.

it's amazing, the passage of time, when you think about it. why four hours at work drag on like an endless conversation with an old person, and your ten last days in your apartment zip by with you hardly noticing.

i was thinking earlier this morning about my first day of freshman orientation in high school. the guy got up there and explained how things were gonna be different, and yada yada yada, all that bullshit. but he said one thing that stuck in my head. he said, "this is where you're going to spend the next four years of your life". and when he said it, i thought, damn, that sounds like a prison sentence. four years. that was eight years ago. redonkulous. it seems like nothing. and yes, i'm quite aware of how cliche and unoriginal these observations are, but i don't care. it still makes me sad.

i've come to the conclusion that time travel will never be available as an option in my lifetime, for if it were, i would have visited myself by now.

days to suicide: 2


feeling: ovewhelmed
thinking of: austin
song of the day: fairest of the seasons - nico
Comments: Post a Comment

free hit counter

free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?